- Membership is on a rolling annual basis and renews on the anniversary of the month in which a member joined each year.
- Standard terms are for members to pay their subscriptions, or for the REA to have received a completed direct debit mandate, within 30 days of renewal. Failure to comply with standard terms will incur a 10% surcharge.
- All fees exclude VAT, which will be added at the prevailing rate.
- Except for the Associate category, membership categories are determined by reference to the annual turnover of the Organisation.
- Any member may terminate membership of the Association by serving notice in writing to the head office no less than three months before the end of any membership year. No refunds will be made in respect of any subscriptions previously paid.
- The REA is entitled to expel companies from REA membership if they are expelled from the Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC), without reimbursing membership fees.
- Overseas members, with no staff or premises in the UK, are entitled to a 50% discount. This discount does not apply to equipment manufacturers or suppliers.
- Members agree to adhere to the Bye-Laws, which may be viewed on the Association’s website. REA Articles of Association 2019.
- Membership (in any category) is intended to be for the benefit of the named member company and its employees. Parent, subsidiary and other group and related companies in the same group as the member company are expected to apply for membership of the REA in their own right to enable them to benefit from membership of the REA and the REA retains the right to require such companies to join the REA or in the absence of agreement by such companies to join the REA to restrict such companies from receiving the benefits which arise as a result of membership of the REA. All corporate members of the REA consent to the REA carrying out a credit search on the partners or directors of the corporate member at any time.
- Details of REA Associate members and above, as provided by the member in question, are held by the REA on its computer system, and are published in printed lists via the Internet and on the REA website directory.
- Any agreement between a member and the REA shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the member agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The REA may terminate any agreement with a member at any time on giving reasonable notice to the member.
- Any order placed with a member company shall constitute a contract when the member company either signs the order or confirms their acceptance by e-mail or otherwise in writing.